Join us November 16 - 21, 2020 for our first Virtual Week of Caring! We want to encourage you and others to stay connected in our community by giving back. We're offering daily challenges to help brighten your day all while helping your community without having to leave your home. The Virtual Week of Caring will promote our building blocks: Education, Health, and Financial Stability. Get in the spirit of giving by participating in this week long event to stay engaged and stay connected in your community!
Monday, November 16
Focus on Food Insecurity
- Donate & deliver basic necessities like food, cleaning supplies & hygiene products to a local nonprofit pantry.
- Host a food drive.
- Purchase and ship items directly to nonprofits from their Amazon Wish Lists.
Tuesday, November 17
Focus on Mental Health
- Celebrate National Take A Hike Day and go for a walk.
- Check in on a friend or family member.
- Text or write a note of encouragement to a friend.
Wednesday, November 18
- Send a thank you note to your teacher through Google Classroom.
- Share a story of your favorite teacher on social media.
- Take school supplies/PPE donations to your school.
Thursday, November 19
Promote Childhood Literacy
- Post a video on social media reading your favorite childhood book.
- Stock Little Free Libraries or Livi’s Libraries in your area.
Friday, November 20
Promote Financial Stability
- Donate gift cards from local merchants to United Way to support economic mobility efforts in collaboration with other nonprofits.
- Give to your favorite nonprofit for year-end giving.
Saturday, November 21
Share Your Care!
- Share how you participated in this week’s activities on social media or email us at email@example.com.
- Share your care with your family and friends to show them how easy it is to get involved in the community.