WHAT WE DO!
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program provides free tax preparation services to individuals and families. IRS Certified volunteers are trained to prepare your taxes for free as well as recognize when valuable credits are available to you.
VITA may be able to help put hard-earned money back into your pocket in the form of tax refunds and tax credits. The free service saves taxpayers the expense of professional tax preparation services, which average about $200. Most people who make less than $54,000 qualify.
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN TO YOU?
For those earning less than $54,000, we offer 2 different tax preparation sites in Lancaster County. Both have trained volunteers who are eager to help you complete your 2017 federal, state and local tax returns for free.
They will also help you determine if you are eligible to claim the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and help to get you the maximum refund possible.
HOW TO SCHEDULE:
Dial 2-1-1 to make an appointment or call toll free at 1-866-892-9211.
WHO CAN QUALIFY FOR FREE TAX PREP?
You qualify to have your taxes prepared free of charge at our VITA locations if in 2017:
· Your total household income was $54,000 or less
· You do not receive active military pay
· You are not practicing clergy
· You did not have farm income
· You did not have rental property income
· You did not own a business
· You did not have income from trading stocks or bonds
WHAT TO BRING TO YOUR APPOINTMENT:
· Proof of identification—Picture ID
· Social Security Cards for you, your spouse and dependents and/or a
Social Security Number verification letter issued by the Social Security
· Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax
· Wage and earning statement(s) Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R,
1099-Misc from all employers
· Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
· A copy of last year’s federal and state returns
· Proof of bank account routing numbers and
account numbers for Direct Deposit, such as a
· Total paid for daycare provider and the
daycare provider’s tax identifying number if
Lancaster County Library
313 S. White Street
Lancaster, SC 29720
Del Webb Library at Indian Land
7641 Charlotte Hwy
Indian Land, SC 29707