Instructions for Applying
All applicants are required to have or create an account to complete and submit your application. Keep your user name and password handy so that you can "save a draft" and return to complete your submission. Also, this user name and password will continue to be used for agency reporting and future applications.
- LOGIN HERE (If you already have a user name and password)
- CREATE AN ACCOUNT (New users only - an email will be sent to you)
- RESET YOUR PASSWORD (if your email has been used previously, you can reset your password.
- LOGOUT (Be sure to log out once you have saved your draft or submitted your application)
Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Eligibility Applications must be submitted by noon on December 15, 2023
View Standards of Eligibility to see if your agency qualifies. Agencies deemed eligible will receive a 2024-2025 Program Funding Application on or before December 29, 2023. Eligible Partner status allows an agency to apply for funding, but does not guarantee funding.
United Way of Lancaster County seeks funding partnerships with nonprofit organizations and agencies that operate programs with positive measurable results on the following key community building issues:
- Education: Assisting children, youth and adults reach their potential through education
- Income: Helping families become financially stable and independent
- Health and Safety: Developing a healthy and safe community
Only qualified 501(c) (3) nonprofit health and human service organizations that have received their final determination letter from the Internal Revenue Service may apply.
United Way of Lancaster County holds Partner Agencies to high standards of accountability and transparency. Agencies wishing to achieve Eligible Partner status must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a nonprofit, 501(c)(3) organization, conducting a health and human service program;
- Must be registered as a nonprofit organization with the South Carolina Secretary of State office;
- If a new service – must demonstrate that the service is not a duplication of existing services or is being delivered in a different way, or in a different location or to a different population;
- Must be able to demonstrate adequate financial accountability;
- Must adhere to transparency standards regarding public access to financial records (IRS Form 990, audits or financial reviews);
- Must be governed by an active, volunteer board of directors that is representative of the service area, with rotating terms practiced;
- Must honor the Memorandum of Agreement for Partner Agencies if funded.
United Way of Lancaster County will begin the Eligibility process to determine which agencies/organizations may apply for 2024-2025 program funding.
- Agencies must submit documentation to qualify as Eligible Partners in order to pursue funding from United Way of Lancaster County for the upcoming fiscal year (2024-25).
- Eligible Partner status allows an agency to apply for funding, but does not guarantee funding
- Requests for consideration will be reviewed by the Community Investment Committee and recommended to United Way of Lancaster County Board of Directors for consideration for Eligible Partner status.
- Once an agency is deemed eligible for participating in the UWLC Community Investment process, they must renew their status on an annual basis by submitting updated documentation in a timely manner.
- The documents requested in this initial application process will be kept on file and updated as needed. Any major change in staffing (i.e. Chief Executive Officer or Board Chair) must be reported to UWLC in a timely manner (within thirty days of the change).
- United Way of Lancaster County reserves the right to revoke Eligible Partner status at any time if the agency fails to adhere to the guidelines outlined above or the subsequent Memorandum of Agreement for Partner Agencies.
- Agencies will be notified by mail regarding the outcome of the eligibility determination process.
Agencies deemed eligible will receive 2024-2025 Program Funding Application on or before December 29, 2023
Funding Restrictions: United Way of Lancaster County does not make allocation awards to:
- Organizations without IRS tax exemption 501(c)(3) status
- Political organizations or candidates for political office
- Religious organizations or activities for sectarian purposes
- Individual primary or secondary schools
- Fraternal or social organizations
- Organizations that cannot provide adequate documentation of accounting records, internal control and fiscal management
- Funding for deficits or debt retirement
- Courtesy advertising
- Fundraising events
- Capital campaigns
Any questions regarding the Community Investment process may be directed to Holly Furr, Executive Director, United Way of Lancaster County, 803.283.8923 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org